Friday, September 12, 2008

Snack Helper

Today, I had the opportunity to be the snack helper at Gabrielle's school. Each Mom is on a rotating schedule to be snack helper. Every few weeks you're assigned a day where you provide a snack(s) and drinks to feed approximately 17-20 hungry little mouths. Gabrielle wanted blueberry muffins and orange juice (her favorite). During your time there, you have a chance to observe her and her classmates mingling with one another. There's not too much conversation going on yet, but a lot of independent play.

As the week comes to a close, I wanted to reflect on the blessings that have enriched my life and being a snack helper was one of them. To watch your child develop and grow each day is so awesome. Being there today for Gabb gave me such a peaceful feeling. When I sat back and glanced around the room, I knew that my life had been enriched with another blessing.

No comments: