Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Great Outdoors


A ride on the tractor, revving up the chain saw, and building a bon fire will always bring a smile to Matt's face. It seems any time he spends outside, he usually does one of the three and it always makes him smile. Maybe it's therapeutic or maybe this is his "playtime" but whatever it may be, the girls and I are usually following him out the door.

Tonight, that's exactly what we did. Even though the air was a cool crisp 34 degrees, it was calm and a perfect night for a bonfire. Earlier in the week, Matt cleared out an area of our yard so he already had limbs and brush ready to burn. For him, it was more trying to finish up a job but for the kids and I, it was a chance to get out of the house and do some playing ourselves. So, we bundled up and headed out with camera in hand. I knew I wanted to do some practice shooting and I thought with the girls and their friends around, I would have a pretty good chance of doing that.


6 comments:

Living Life said...

Those are fantastic images! You are really getting to know your camera!

Janis said...

The church lady took the words right outta my mouth. I love the (I think its called) sepia one,,looks like an old photo. Is'nt it fun to try different settings.

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

Great job, Tracy! I am glad you are playing with the camera. We too love to get out doors!

Janis said...

Happy B.day to my Baby...Love Mom

Deborah Ann said...

A little bird told me it was your birthday...Happy Birthday Tracy!!!

The Church Lady is the little bird...

janet said...

Here by way of your sister!

Happy Birthday!!!!!