Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A Day At The Park

Over the weekend, we went to see our first O's game of the season at Camden Yards. We had great seats. Only 4 rows off of left field.

(click on images to enlarge)


What a difference it makes when you're at eye level with the players. Toronto Blue Jays are up at bat.


The bottom of the 7th inning, the O's were down 7-3 and the crowd started thinning out. Unfortunately, it seems they're are on another losing streak and the fans lose hope easily. Sad, yes, but I was excited to see the row of seats across from our aisle empty. I was able to get right next to the fence of the bullpen and take some candid shots of the players.



I have no idea the names of the players. I don't have much time to keep up with the stats and new players these days. I didn't' recognize a soul. They didn't mind that I was taking pictures of them in their "down" time, though. One of the guys signed a ball and threw it over to one of the Mom's from our West Manheim Little League group.



One of the coaches (on the left side with sunglasses) shot me one those "c'mon lady, didn't you get enough pictures" look.



Nice play #10. Looks like he was smiling for me.





2 comments:

Jan n Jer said...

It was a great day to be at the ball park. You did get some good candid shots...I wouldn't be able to identify any of the players either. Sadly...I have not watched an Orioles game for a long long time!

Living Life said...

Great candid shots! Orioles games are not what they used to be without Cal. Still a good time though.