Monday, April 12, 2010

The Art of Photography

I had the opportunity to take a photography class at Longwood Gardens and I'm SO excited about all of the cool things I learned. The workshop was designed to teach beginners about the different setting modes and tips on how to get great floral shots. Our teacher, Tracey from Nine Acres Designs did a great job explaining and demonstrating the art of basic photography.

Here are a few sample pictures:

Using a low aperture setting, I was able to focus on the orchids and blur the background


Using a low shutter speed, I was able to make the waterfall look silky and smooth

For just learning and really understanding the capabilities of my camera, I think I did a good job. They're no where close to perfection but in time and with lots of practice, hopefully I'll get there.


4 comments:

Living Life said...

Very good job! My photos are similar and will be posted tomorrow!

Jan n Jer said...

HaHa..I think I also have the same shots. You are so right with a little bit of knowledge, just look at what you can make your camera do.

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

I am so proud of you! Great work!

Dennis Cline said...

About time you updated (I know you are busy). enjoy reading and seing your Blog.
Love,Dad